Question
Posted by: Tumza | 2008/10/13

Contaception vs Diet Pill

I would like to know if the contraception that I am using(Triphasil) can affect the ability of my Diet pill (Duromine) in any way.

Dear Tumza
Most medications can cause interactions when taken together. In your case the fact that you are taking a slimming pill like Duromine may counteract the efficiency of your contraceptive (discuss this with the dr who is prescribing your contraceptive). On the other hand some women tend to gain weight when they use contraceptives and this will counteract the effect of the Duromine.