Posted by: Angie | 2009-10-12

Constructive Critism please

Hi there Diet Doc.

I am 28 year old female, I weigh 76kg' s.
My basic daily diet is as follows:

8am - 30g muslei with 50ml plain fat-free joghurt and a teaspoon of crushed 4-seed mix (pumpkin, linseed, sesame and sunflower)

11am - 1 fruit

1pm - lunch consists of about a cup of assorted salad with about 100g meat, and about half a cup of rice or a small bit of starch...

4:30pm - 1 fruit

dinner - about half a cup of cooked veg, a cup of raw veg salad and about 200g meat)

I try not to eat starch after 3pm, and I try not to eat fruit after 5pm.

Is there anything else that I could omit or change about my diet in order to loose weight.
PS I am not in too much of a hurry to loose weight. I have been realistic in doing so over the past 16 months over which I have lost in excess of 30kg' s through eating more sensibly and moderate excerise, however the rate at which I am lossing has decreased considerably.

Thank You for any advice

Dear Angie
You are a bright, shining ***star*** for losing those 30 kg! Well done! Your suggested diet is reasonable, except that I would like you to replace some of the meat (300g a day is an awful lot of meat) with 2 additional servings of fat-free yoghurt, milk or cottage cheese because you need more calcium in this diet: a) to ensure that you obtain 1000 mg of calcium a day to prevent you developing osteoporosis, b) research has indicated that diets rich in calcium promote weightloss. As you get close to your ideal weight, weightloss does tend to slow down, so you can try increasing your cardio exercise a bit to stimulate your metabolism.
Holding thumbs that you lose all the weight you intend losing.