Question
Posted by: Sue | 2010/08/10

Constipation/Rooibos Tea

Hi Doc, I have a very bad constipation problem, please advise what to use and if it is safe, also if it is something that I can use everyday, as I hardly go to the loo alot, I think once a week and I know that this is bad. Had rooibos tea this morning, tummy went out after a week, but very hard, is Rooibos good to drink every morning and how cups a day is good for a person. I am so desperate. Thank You

Hallo Sue
Rooibos is a healthy drink with no caffeine and high in antioxidants. There is not specific limit in the number of cups you must or must not drink per day. You can try using Lactulose 10-20 ml every night as a stool softner. It won't make your bowels lazy and does not get absorbed into the body. Other alternatives are Movicol or fybogel orange.

3
Posted by: Lexi | 2016/08/10

I have been suffering(really suffering) from IBS since my appendix have been removed. I tried all kinds of things...... Mist Alba Magnesium,Senokot,Duphalex,Soflax,Brooklax,Lacson,Laxette,Agiolax and many more. Even Rooibos tea. I am 24/7 constipated. My husband massages my abdomen as seen on the internet. It helped once. I sometimes take 8 Soflax tablets daily just to keep my stool soft but still I dont have a bowl movement. I need advice. I am constantly on the internet for solutions and I am running out of ideas and money cause I spend money on all kinds of stuff. Please help. Thanks

Reply to Lexi
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/10

I have suffered from constipation for 30 years. I don't go at all without epson salts once a week or ten days. I was told rooibos tea would fix my problem. Is that so? I'd be DELIGHTED ??

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/10

Hallo Sue