Question
Posted by: mary | 2011/10/10

constipation while pregnant

I am feeling terribly constipated, just 4 months pregnant. Have tried increasing fibre in my diet but not helping. A friend has suggested I try Agiolax as it is natural and does not cause cramping. Is it safe for me to use?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Mary

No adverse effects are known to occur with Agiolax during pregnancy. As an ordinary precaution, however, Agiolax should not be used in the first trimester of pregnancy unless change of diet or the use of a non-stimulant bulk laxative has failed to produce any therapeutic effect.

4
Posted by: Thandi | 2011/11/04

Thanks Mary for posting your question as the docs response helps me too. Have been tempted to try something but not sure what. Will try Agiolax and see what happens.

Reply to Thandi
Posted by: Thandi | 2011/10/25

Wow thanks Pinkie, I am going to try Agiolax, off to my pharmacy right now.

Reply to Thandi
Posted by: Pinkie | 2011/10/23

I tried Agiolax on my doctors recommendation from 5 months and it worked like a charm, no cramps at all. And it worked like clockwork. Have also just recommended Agiolax to my sister and she is reporting the same good results. Hope it works for you.

Reply to Pinkie
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/10/12

Hi Mary

Reply to pharmacist