Posted by: s van deventer | 2011-02-08

constipation during pregnancy

what medication is safe to take during pregnancy? can pregnant ladies take liq. paraffin / first trimester?

Senokot or Metamucil.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-10

Senokot or Metamucil.

Posted by: Purple | 2011-02-09

Excercise also helps, so go for a brisk walk and drink a couple of glasses of water through the day and incrase how much fruit you are eating and drink prune juice, eat prunes and other dried fruit as well.

I had terrible constipation in my first pregnancy, but with this one have been very lucky and had none. However, my lifestyle and diet are the same with both pregnancies so who knows.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: DJ | 2011-02-09

I ate alot of prunes.
and try pear juice and also try and have All Bran Flakes in the morning.

Reply to DJ
Posted by: Star | 2011-02-09

Stick to the natural stuff, water, fresh fruit and dried fruit. In your first trimester there is little to nothing medication wise that is 100% safe. I had the same problem but sorted it out with weati stuff and dried fruit!

Reply to Star