Question
Posted by: Louisa | 2010/03/23

Constipation during Pregnancy

I am experiencing extreme constipation since I found out that I am pregnant. I am only about 6/7 weeks now but are unable to " go"  as normal. Is there anything I can use. I am still a bit sensitive to some foods.

I am also very dizzy and feels like I am going to have a black out.

You could try eating bran and prunes. If this fails, try using Senokot. Dizziness is quite common in pregnancy, especially early on.

3
Posted by: J | 2010/03/30

Movicol sachets from the chemist are safe to take during pregnancy, and are the only thing that work for me. Start off taking 2 or 3 sachets for the first 2 days, then just one a day will do the trick.

Reply to J

Posted by: Purple | 2010/03/24

If you are feeling dizzy, then ensure that your tummy is always full. Your blood pressure or blood sugar levels might be dropping because you aren''t eating as often as you should becasue you are sensitive to some foods.
I found that bananas were OK, and I also managed to eat dry provitas and melba toast.

For the constipation, drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit. Prunes and other dried fruits are very helpful too, and you can try prune juice as well.

Reply to Purple