Question
Posted by: despondent | 2011-05-26

constipation caused by medication

I suffer from terrible migraines and was prescribed trepiline and pur bloka, which thankfully helps. However the trepiline is causing severe constipation, that nothing seems to help for. I have drastically increased my fibre intake by taking bio fibre along with eating dried fruit, oranges, unpeeled fruit and veg and whole grain products. I have to take laxatives at least once a week to maintain bowel movement. This can''t be " good" . I have to take the medication otherwise I get migraines at least twice a week.

I suggest that you re-consult your doctor for alternative medication. Ask him/her about Sibelium as treatment for your migraines. This drug is prescribed for a period of 6 months and could be very helpful.