Question
Posted by: A du Preez | 2011/03/17

Constipation after c section

My daughter has recently had a cesearian (5 days ago) and is suffering severe constipation, even after taking Fibrogel. She has also noticed some rectal bleeding but her doctor insists that she just continues with the fibrogel as it''s probably haemorrhoids. She is also experiencing severe cramps in one side. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hallo A du Preez
If she does not pass any stool, is nauseous and vomits, and has a swollen belly, she may have obstruction or a paralized colon due to the anaesthetic and must be seen by a doctor. If she does pass stool but it is hard, she can try using Lactulose instead of Fybogel and gliserine suppositories to stimulate a bowel movement.

2
Posted by: Racoon | 2011/03/17

She needs to take Movicol! My doc prescribed it for all 3 my c-sections and I had not problems. The bleeding is probable from a haemorrhoid, but it will get better as the constipation goes away. You can get the Movicol at the pharmacy without prescription. She must contunue for a number of weeks, or untilt the box is finished.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/17

Hallo A du Preez