Posted by: not again... | 2013-02-22

I have chosen to try go as gluten free as possible as everytime I eat provitas or bread (I can do 1 slice brown toast in the morning) I end up nauseous - although I wake up nauseous everyday anyway. I have not been tested for celiac''s disease.

I am aware that gluten is not a good thing for the body - so I am substituting with rice/corn. I eat 2-4 unsalted rice cakes a day, I eat protein, vegetables or salad and starch (either brown rice or potato). I was constipated for 3-4 days until monday then took laxative, then another two days felt the urge to go but when going to the loo, there was nothing but I still feel a bit of pressure like I need to go. So I took laxatives again - sorted me out - but too well and ended up with debilitating cramps, watery excretement and pain was so bad I threw up. Now two days later I feel like I need to go again but when going to the loo - nothing.
I was using benefiber 2 tsp x 2 per day in tea - but I just noticed it expired so I have to buy more.
What other foods can I eat/drink to help my system THAT DO NOT INCLUDE WHEAT OR GLUTEN as I do believe wheat is a trigger of nausea/reflux - plus I''ve lost 3kgs since going virtually gluten-free.
I want to eat healthy but I dont want to gain/maintain my weight - I still have at least 7 kg to lose before I reach my correct BMI.
My stomach is still sensitive so strong tasting stuff doesnt help with the nausea.

Dear Not Again
I must refer you back to all the many, many replies I have posted to your questions regarding your nausea and digestive problems. If you do not consult a physician and a registered dietitian who can investigate your problems directly, I can also not assist any further.
So please get the help I have suggested because although I would really like to help you, I am now all out of ideas.
Take care