Posted by: anon | 2012-05-16

i take movicol every morning as i am a full time wheelchair user due to a muscular dystrophy.
i have dysphagia so fibre granules such as normacol are a problem for me.
movicol has its side effects but if i don''t take it then i am in more trouble as i can''t push well.
for me, movicol never produces a solid stool but several small stools leading to a feeling of never emptying fully.
i hardly use senna, rather just on days when i find the stools harder.
lacson is very soft forming.
do you think i could try gastrone by tibb herbals on bad days when movicol doesn''t empty well enough?
thank you for reading my squeemish post.

I suggest that you use Solgar Multiple fibre capsules (available at health shops). The fibre capsules will assist with producing volume in your stools, which in turn will empty the bowel more effectively. You can also use a suppositry (Dulcolax) on the days that you are battling.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Gastrone.