Question
Posted by: TC | 2011/04/05

Constipation

I have a 9 year old female J/R. She seems to be stuggling with constipation. She will squat on the grass and push and push and sometimes just a string of poo will come out. What can I do to help her or should I take her to the Vet.

Hi TC
It definitely sounds like she is constipated. It will be the best to take her to a vet for a check-up as there might be an underlying reason for the constipation (like impacted anal glands) that needs to be treated and with bad cases of constipation the patient sometimes needs an enema to resolve the problem. You can start her on a mild laxative eg laxapet or animalax to see if this does not help.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011/04/05

Hi TC

Reply to CyberVet