Question
Posted by: Marge | 2010/11/15

Constipation

I regularly suffer from constipation, cramps, etc. Could I go to a gastroenterologist to have it checked out or not?

Hallo Marge
Yes - this will be a good thing to do. He will probably do some tests: an abdominal xray, he may want to send a stool sample to the lab, and he will do some blood tests (thyroid functions, blood electrolytes etc). He may also want to do a colonoscopy under anaesthetic to ensure that you don't have any growths, polyps or other problems in the bowel. Please take with a list of all the medication you are using at the moment (vitamins and over the counter medication included)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/15

Hallo Marge
dr Bets