Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2009/10/14

constipation

Need to ask a bit of an embarrasing question. I' ve been constipated for almost 2 weeks now. I am usually very regular (once a day at least) and my stool is bigish but soft and easily passes. It is also normally quite a lot (volume wise)

For the past two weeks it is very little (like 2 or three very small round pieces at a time) which is very difficult to get out. I also had some sort of sore just on the outside of my anus - not sure if it was hemroids which I' ve never had before. I used some cream for nappy rash which took care of it in about 3 days.

I have not really changed my eating habits. Eat a bit less now that is summer but have been doing so for the past 2 months already. I don' t feel sick otherwise. I am on melodene, nuzak, urbanol and tetralysal but have been all all of these for at least 3 months so don' t think it' s that.

I tried a laxative called 13 herbs plus one - started 3 days ago but still no change.Is this normal or should I go to the doc? I am 27 years old

Thanks.
Sharon

Hi Sharon
Try a gliserine suppository every 2nd morning, and Lactulose 15 ml at night for a week. This will not cause cramping or diarrhoea.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/14

Hi Sharon

Reply to cyberdoc