Posted by: worried | 2009-09-25

I' ve always had a certian degree of constipation. Just only tried some orlax tablets 2 weeks ago and they seem to have made the situation worse. Ate a whole bunch of celery and nothing happend. Then bought some prunes ate 10 on one day and still nothing happened. I drink about 2 lt of water everyday. Only yesterday very samll amounts passed which were hard. Could gluten be a problem for me - as I eat bread for breakfast and sometimes supper.

Dear Worried
If your constipation continues I would recommend that you have a medical examination ASAP because you could be suffering from bowel impaction. If this is not the case, I would recommend that you read the articles on constipation by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page, and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices. You will see that to increase dietary fibre intake wholewheat and wheat bran are excellent sources of insoluble dietary fibre, which is the type of fibre that promotes regularity.

Posted by: T | 2009-09-26

Try Movicol (sachets), they are safe and work for me when nothing else does. Get from your chemist, and i would start off with 2 (or even 3) sachets if you are very constipated.

Reply to T