Question
Posted by: z | 2009/03/20

Constipation

My husband is presently experiencing a really bad case of constipation. He' s had some senekot and then has also taken some epsom salts which burned him while going done.
How can I help him ? What can we do for relief ?
What would cause the burning of the epsom salts ? Could the burning be cause an ulcer ?

Zia

Zia

I suggest that your husband use a combination of Laxette syrup, 10ml at night, as well as Movicol, one sachet, thrice daily.

It is possible that the epsom salt caused irritation and to clear this symptom, he can use Gaviscon thrice daily before meals.