Question
Posted by: Ireen | 2008/08/19

CONSTIPATION

Can you please supply me with foods/drinks that can help with constipation. Is there a suppliment that can be taken daily. I drink lots of water and try to eat the best I can.

Dear Ireen
Constipation is usually caused by a lack of dietary fibre or roughage in the diet. Constipation can be counteracted by increasing dietary fibre content and using probiotics ("good microorganisms") to normalise bowel function. To increase your dietary fibre intake and obtain tips about this condition, click on ‘Diet', ‘You are what you eat' and "Healthy GI tract'. The use of probiotics ('beneficial microorganisms') such as LP 299V (buy at chemist) can also promote normal bowel movements. If you find that you are still constipated after using a high-fibre diet and probiotics for 6 weeks, then you can try Fybogel (buy at chemist) which is a gentle laxative.

1
Posted by: KK | 2008/08/19

I drink a glass of senokot hi fibre every night with my supper.
Seems to do the trick :)

Reply to KK