Posted by: Desperate | 2009-01-21

Constipation 2

Thank you for 1st reply to message. I want to know is it possible to eat to much fibre?? See that you say frequency of stools can like only be once a week, but it is not like I am constipated - I feel the whole time bloated, esspecially for the fact that I am drinking a lot of water and doing regular exercise. My stools are normal, but sometimes it feels that there are sort of a " prop"  at the end of my rectum - that makes me feel that I am constipated.
Currently at the moment I am trying to eat healthy - that is for Argus and to lose weight, but if I take in, it must come out - not only in 3 or 4 days time?? How will 1 know if you digestion system, that is your " dikderm"  or what needs to proces food gets lazy??? Ain`t that my starting point to solve problem??

Dear Desperate
If you have normal stools that are generally soft (even with the occasional harder stool) and you pass them every few days then you are not constipated! One factor we have not yet considered is stress and your anxiety about your bowel movements can in fact cause irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which would make you feel bloated and produce gas. It may be a good idea to have a medical checkup to see if you are suffering from IBS and to obtain some treatment for the condition. The colon (dikderm) only loses its normal function if you abuse laxatives, so be careful not to overdo your laxative use and if you do insist on using a laxative then stick to Fybogel as I said before. Doing relaxing exercises and deep breathing can help your relax and improve the symptoms of IBS.
Take care