Question
Posted by: Katie | 2010-04-26

Constipated / periods

Please could you give me advice...I''m 29 and I think rather healthy, ''cept lately I''ve been battling wtih constipation. Whenever I have my period, I have no trouble passing stools, but the rest of the month it is so difficult and it''s painful and I bleed from the anus. Please could you give me an idea about what is causing this...it''s causing me rather a lot of worry!

Hallo Katie
Ensure that you eat enough fibre and drink 8 glasses of water per day. Stress, anxiety or keeping it in when you feel you need to go can cause constipation. You can take Lactulose 10-15 ml once a day or something like Fybogel to also keep stool soft.

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-28

Hallo Katie

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: S | 2010-04-27

You can take Movicol (sachets from the chemist) for constipation - they are safe to take, and the only thing that works for me.

Reply to S