Posted by: please help urgently | 2009-04-20

constipated kitten

hi there please help... i have an orphan kitten about 3 weeks old... everything seems normal and she is getting teeth already, drinking baby milk like crazy and purring, she is even starting to run around, very wobly but still trying.
what conserns me is that i cant get the kitten to poop, its been a couple of days now and i am starting to get very worried, is there anything i can try to help my baby poop??

You need to wipe the kitten anus with wet cotton wool. This is done in one direction (the same as licking). Do not try the licking part as the mother normally takes care of this but is not for the faint hearted. You can also try lactulose but should not be needed if you lick well enough.