Question
Posted by: ME | 2010-06-15

Constantly hungry

Hi,I have just started runninig half marathons and fun runs and the concern is I am constantly hungry and grab what ever is on my way I am also trying to loose weight what foods are recommended for a runner?

Dear Me
Doing strenuous exercise may well stimulate your appetite if you are not eating sufficient carbohydrates with a low glycaemic index. I have written many articles on the subject of diets for sportsmen and women. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read articles 4, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 46 to obtain answers to your questions. There is also info on the Fitness site. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition'. When you are on the 'Diet site' also click on 'Glycaemic Index' and read how you can use the GI to lose weight while still providing your body with enough fuel to allow lots of exercise.
Enjoy your running

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-06-15

Dear Me
Enjoy your running