Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/09/14

Constantly dizzy

I am a 23 year old male, for the past 2.5 months I have been dizzy when waking up in the morning, which continue for the whole day, I am drowsy, tired and irritated. Had blood tests done all was fine Iron very low on medication but dont seem to help at all. I am concerned coss I dont know whats wrong and dont like the way I am feeling all day!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Dear Worried
One gets two kinds of dizziness - vertigo which is a feeling of being off balance or the word turning around you, and presyncope which is a feeling that you are lightheaded and on the brink of fainting
Vertigo is usually caused by inner ear imbalances while presyncope is caused by low blood pressure or low blood sugar. It can also be caused by low blood iron if the blood does not have enough hemoglobin to carry oxygen to your brain. So - did they also test your blood sugar and blood pressure?
Vertigo can be treated by something like Stugeron, presyncopy if caused by low blood pressure can be treated by something like Effortil. If your bloodsugar is low, it may help to use something like Manna or slow fructose.