Posted by: Lori | 2012-10-09

Constant tingling in face

Hi doc,

I keep getting these tingling sensations in my face. It started about a month ago and I now get them all the time.

I read it could be stress related. I even read that it could be a result of hypothyroidism, which I have, and I am on tyroxin for it.

I am also on roaccutane for the acne and am taking puricos to reduce the uric acid levels. I don''t drink and eat read meat a maximum of thrice a month, and have high uric acid levels.

Could it be a result of one of the meds? Sometimes I have a terrible headache along with this tingling sensations.

I used to have migraines in the past &  on occassion do get them. I usually have this tingling sensation, accompanied by sensitivity to light before the migraine comes on. At first I thought that thsi tingling was the start of a migraine, but i don''t get the migraine. I have in the past week had terrible headaches that leave me feeling a bit disorientated, but not a migraine. I even locked my keys in the car last week when I had a headache.

It is extremely important to consult a neurologist, as chronic headaches have to be investigated. It is possible that your doctor might request an MRI scan or do a EEG to determine the cause for your symptoms.