Posted by: Andrea | 2009-10-07

Constant Thurst

I need to know if I am putting my health at risk by drinking a LOT of water...Everybody is telling me that I am but, I am ALWAYS THURSTY and struggle with a VERY dry mouth. I drink about 3-4L water a day and when I pass water, it is quite a dark yellow colour... meaning that I am still dehidrated? I only train about 30 minutes every day and is slightly overweight (5kg). I don' t sweat a lot but it worries me that I am constantly thursty. I am not diabetic - had that tested the other day at a clinic but suffer a lot with migraines - could there be another underlying reason for this?

Hallo Andrea
With that volume of water taken per day I am worried that you have a kidney/liver problem if the urine is still very dark. Please ask your doctor to check your kidney function and your liver function with blood tests. Also ask him to check you for hemochromatosis?