Question
Posted by: concerned | 2009-03-13

Constant stiffness in the upper neck and

Just a brief explanation of my medical history....
Im 25 years old, with good health. I have a slight scolioses of the upper spine, nothing to worry about though. Had a lower back fusion of vertabra L4 and L5 about 10 years ago. Healed perfectly.

Condition:

Very stiff upper back and neck, with uncomfortable pains in different parts of the head. My doc sent me for a CT scan and it came back all clear - normal CT
Had a full blood count taken, all came back in the normal range - White blood cell count 5.69

Just concerned about what is causing the constant upper back and stiff neck pain?

Please assist me with advice?

Concerned

It can merely be caused by muscle spasm due to possible poor posture and the effect of the slight upper thoracic scolioses. Consult a physiotherapist for treatment, as well as advice on exercises to improve your chronic discomfort.