Posted by: CV | 2009-03-23

Constant Period

Hi there,
I' m 32 years of age and trying to fall preganant, the problem i have is that i do not have a regular period. I was put on Clomide for 5 months last year but nothing happend and once i stopped my period stopped. Two weeks my period began and it hasn' t stopped. First week was a brown colour and now the normal red colour, and heavy. Is this normal. I am overweight trying to loose weight, everytime i loose around 10 kgs my period seems to get back to normal but right now i have picked up 10 kgs and this period has begun and carried on for almost 3 weeks.

Please advise.
Kind regards

It sounds like you are not ovulating and therefore not having periods. The heavy withdrawal bleed is normal in this circumstance. You should be checked for PCOS.