Question
Posted by: Alutha | 2009-08-17

Constant pain in neck, shoulder, &  sometimes upper arm

I' ve had constant pain in mostly my left neck, shoulder, and sometimes the ain extends down the arm. I also feel the pain down my shoulder blade at times. I' ve had an xray and MRI scan, and both have come back normal. Since last year I' ve been to physiotherapy (had about 7 sessions this year). None of this has helped. Anti-inflammatories also haven' t helped me. The pain doesn' t get any worse when I move my neck, but it' s just constantly there. I can' t even sleep on my side at night and the pain gets worse.
Please tell me what could possibly cause this. I' ve run out of idea of what to do.
Thanks in advance.

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Alutha,

It sounds as if you have been thoroughly investigated. If no diagnosis have been made look at our website (www.shoulderinstitute.co.za ) and specifically at "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome" as well as "shoulder pain". Without examining you i cannot get closer to the diagnosis but maybe you will get some clues on the site

REgards,

Dr Joe de Beer