Posted by: E | 2011-07-20

Constant nightmares

Hi there. For approximately two weeks I''ve been having terrible nightmares every single night. I usually sleep soundly, hardly wake up through the night and have pleasant dreams now and then. I''m not going through a stressful time and I''m happy in general. I''m just waking up more and more tired everyday because of these constant gruesome nightmares. What could be triggering this and it there any way to stop it. It has happened once before about a year ago. I was at the point of burning out physically when it suddenly stopped. I''d really appreciate your opinion on this.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

While dreaming is physiological, the content of dreams is psychological - usually. Certain medications can cause nightmares - check this with your doctor if you are on anything new. Otherwise this may be telling us something about your underlying level of anxiety, in which case a psychologist will probably be able to help you.