Posted by: Wikus | 2011-10-21

Constant neck and shoulder pain

Hi there. I have constant neck and shoulder pain and stiffness. I have tried using anti-inflammatories, which improves the problem slightly, but it''s not a long-term solution. I have also tried massages, but they don''t help at all - neither does physiotherapy.

I was wonder if you could tell me what the cause of this could be and if I might find relief by visiting a chiropractor.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

This does seem to be a "mechanical" problem and a visit to a chiropractor should indeed prove beneficial

Posted by: Tina | 2011-11-22

Maybe you have fibromialgia.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Pam Morgan | 2011-11-22

I was helping to push a car last week and hurt my lower back, it has been very painfull especially when I stand for a while. I have had back problems on and off for years. My neck and lower part of my head are also very sore on the one side but that has nothing to do with the back injury. Muscle relaxing tablets only give a short term relief. Please could you suggest what I should do?

Reply to Pam Morgan
Posted by: tanya | 2011-11-22

I have been suffering with exactly the same problem since my son was born almost 15 years ago , i have had xrays done at one point and the dr told me it showed that my spine curves where it is suppose to be straight and the other way around .I am in constant pain, i tried everything , nothing seems to hlep , is a operation the next best thing? I was also told by my dr it is stress related .

Reply to tanya
Posted by: kylie | 2011-11-04

Good day,

i was involved in a small accedient about 7-8months ago were the Vehicle hit me from behind at first I was OK but then over a period in time i have been getting really bad headaches on the lower neck on both sides and stiffness in the shoulders and neck.

i have now gone to the doctor 3times and they gave me medication and also went through physiotherapy but nothing helps.

i have been sitting with this constant pain in my shoulders, lower neck, bad headaches that cause memory problems nausea and lower back pain for 6months now please please tell me what to do :(

Reply to kylie