Posted by: KV | 2009-06-16

Constant nausea

Hi doctor. I have been experiencing almost constant nausea for at least the past 10 months. I am a 25 year old female on the minesse pill (since August last year). I have thought of various causes for the nausea - i often have to take at least nausea pill every day, if not more. There doesnt seem to be any discernable problem though. My GP has checked my thyroid, liver and full blood count etc, and there doesnt seem to be any problems. I sometimes suffer from low blood pressure and dizziness but it isnt constant, the nausea however is constant. I really want to stop taking these nausea pills every day as i SEEM to not be able to function (eat, go out, do anything) without it. My gynae has said he doenst suspect endometriosis (i thought this could have been causing it, as it have heavy painful periods as well). What other causes COULD i look for/get tested for? Could this all be in my head?? I want to rule out anything physical before i go looking for some anxiety related disorder.. Please tell me what tests to get done! I' ' m at wits end!!

Dear KV
Ask your doctor if you can go for a gastroscopy test - you may have a peptic ulcer, gastritis or gall reflux into the stomach causing this. It could also be due to the Minesse as it contains hormones that can make you nauseous. Maybe you should try using something else like an IUD for a while?

Posted by: KV | 2009-06-17

Hi again - more details - i seem to be lactose intolerant - its not been officially diagnosed. I suffer with bloating a lot too. Even when i dont consume dairy products. Also a year ago, i had some tests done in hospital which seemed to show that i had low pituatary gland function - it seemed to have come right after a few days though-so the doctor didnt suspect pituatary tumor.

Reply to KV