Question
Posted by: Emmy | 2010/06/07

Constant issue

Dear Gynaedoc, I have experienced a yellowish, slimey discharge and bad smell (sour smell) since after first child''s birht (4 years ago). Discharge is at times very much. Developed vaginal infection during that pregnancy and was told may use Douche - symptoms were not bad at that stage. Since then have tried many creams, douches, anti-biotics (even took pill that husband took with me - big pill that made us nausious for in case it is infection we are passing to each other) but as soon as I stop it takes approx 2 weeks then simptoms recur. We do not parttake in any funny/ weird sexual practices at all. Embarrased to keep on asking dr for medication. Also embarrase if someone must go to toilet at office after me - smell is very obvious. Am I just more prone to develop vaginal infection than other women perhaps. SEcondly, is there anything I can take / ask for over counter which can return vaginal balance to normal ? Pls help.

I would suggest that you ask your doctor to take a swab of the discharge to see exactly what it is and what treatment is needed.

2

Posted by: S | 2010/06/08

Hi. I have had the same problem. For the last 4 months at least, I''ve had infections (different types each time). and was put onto antibiotics each time. I am now taking Probiotics Intensive 9 strain 2x a day, and was told it''s fine for me (in this case of recurring infection ) to douche, so i use plain yoghurt. Perhaps you could try the Probiotics.

Reply to S