Question
Posted by: Dee | 2008/08/21

Constant hunger

Hi Doc,

For the last week and a bit I' ve had a constant hunger where I am hungry ALL the time, even after meals....

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Dear Dee
This could just be a passing phase usually caused by some change in your routine like increased stress, use of new medications, etc. If your appetite continues to be increased markedly and there is no direct reason for it, then it could be due to a hormonal imbalance, or a lack of carbohydrates in your diet. If this should persist, then it is a good idea to have a medical checkup just to make sure that the change in appetite is not being caused by an underlying medical condition.

1

I know this sounds gross, but maybe worms?
You should get a de-worming tablet- wormex. You just take it once off and is not expensive.
I have a ' thing'  when it comes to worms eventhough I have minimal chance of getting them. I take a wormex every 6moths to a year. eeeek!