Posted by: Anne | 2009-10-12

Constant headaches

Any advise would be appreciated, please.
At this stage in my life I' m experiencing a lot of tension from all sides in my life, both work wise and personal,my child' s school, finances etc....two weeks ago I had a minor setback, I lost someone very dear to me, and the pain was unbearable. Since then I' ve been having non stop headaches, pins and needles in the arms and hands, pain on the chest, I dont know whats te symptoms of a panic attack, but a couple a days ago, I was suffering to breathe, since then I' ve not been myself, cannot sleep proper, Im living alone in a huge house with my little one, if I here noises, it feels as if my heart wants to jump out my throat, constant restless. Financially things are not going too well, cannot afford to see a doctor right now, is there anything, anything at all I can get from a chemist that can help, I know I' d prob need to go and see a doc, I just need to calm down NOW, all ready took a day of work due to a migraine.

Dear Anne
Try Biral 2 three times a day or Rescue remedy to calm you down (won't make you sleepy) and try Adcodol for the headaches (may make you sleepy so try 1 first and then if really bad take 2 three times a day) Adcodol is addictive so should not be taken constantly for more than a few days in a row. These are all OTC medicines that you can buy without a prescription. Try a heat pack or hot water bottle between the shoulder blades - this will relax your upper neck and shoulder area and will probably relieve the needles and pins feeling in the hands. Also teach yourself some relaxation techniques: