Posted by: mandy waterfall | 2009-06-14

constant headache and no relief

Hi Dr Shevel this is a very long letter i am writing with the hope that you could maybe assist me with a problem i cannot rid myself of. I have been living with headaches for six yrs.In this time i have been going to my gp only to be put on a drip every time,out of my own i went to gynae who discovered i was not ovulating,Fertomed for 4months but still no change in menses or headaches,the headaches gets MUCH MORE aggressive 2 weeks prior and up to 4days after menses have stopped already. Everyone says dont use to much pills but what else must i do, for the first time i am feeling very down and feel like beating my head against anything just to take the pain away. I have a wonderfull son of 9 that is so understanding, but i battle to play and enjoy life with the headaches and dont want him growing up having a " sick"  mommy all the time.
I have used panado,adcodol,grandpas,norflex,sinusmeds,disprins,nosesprays evens ibubrofen800mg 3 x per day eazes the headache about 30%. 20days of the month i am down with headaches,but cant go and just lie down life must go on!!
I cant exercise because sometimes evens walking is to painfull on my head.
Due to a very big shock in my past i started having anxiety attacks also,so initianally they thought the headaches were stress related.
i had to stop working because i would have an attack in the morning sometimes vomit and pass out and then have a pounding headache,i went for psycotherapy in november up to now so that is much better .
Last year the drs in George had me on 13 different psichiatric meds to help eaze the anxiety and headaches all with side effects mostly agrivated my headaches.
I am starting to have bad cry spells when i am on my own for i feel i cannot handle it anymore, the headaches and anxiety has totally consumed my whole life i am up...
I AM SO DESPERATW to solve my headaches.Up to know in between the gynae and drs my medical aid has paid out about R18000 I have aboaut R2000 left. i also had a sinus op, the ENT that i consulted hoping to find an answer to my headaches,according to him my nose was fractured and pressing my sinus closed so i evens had that operated out of desperateness.
Only read of the headache Clinic in Pulse and really hoped that i had discovered this before wasting all that money on drs that now dont in any case know what to answer me now.
Please can you give advise me on what i can do i really need some help!!!
Regards and thank you so much for reading my long letter i appreciate it!!!
Mandy Waterfall

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Mandy,

I have called your cell number and left my number 0825555763 for you to call me after 4pm any day. I am certain that we can help you.