Question
Posted by: Crys | 2008-11-20

Constant fear of something new

I am a 23 year old that has struggled in the last three years with multiple health issues.
In June 2006 I had pneumonia, and later relapsed twice that same year due to (what my doctor said) was stress related. From that point on, I have constantly struggled wit abdominal pains  sleepless nights  fatigue  extreme headaches that come out of nowhere  panic attacks...the list goes on.
I have done some research ofthe symptons that I experience on a daily basis, and have been advised that I may be suffering from CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). How do I go about getting tested for this or other possible causes?

It is a daily struggle that has become exhausting, please help!!

Crys

Dear Crys
You should see your doctor for a full medical check up - including thyroid hormone tests and a full blood count to exclude anemia. I also think that you maybe need to see a psychiatrist to get medication for the panic attacks, and sleeplessness ( this impairs the forming of serotonin in the brain, causing tiredness and sore muscles).
GP's can also prescribe anti-anxiety medication but the psychiatrists know the medicines better and can give you better combinations with least side effects. A psychiatrist may also be able to teach you some stress relief techniques.
Take Vit Bco supplements and Magnesium (Magnesit) if possible.