Question
Posted by: Gail | 2010-11-11

Constant Fatigue and chronic pain

I have constant fatigue. I take a good multivitamin everyday. I don''t seem to sleep well, although I go to bed early, I battle to stay asleep. I have chronic pain, generally all my joints. I get unexplained fevers and cold sweats. I suffer from headaches constantly (I have had my eyes tested). I bruise incredibly easily and get unexplained cramps. I constantly feel as if I am getting flu. I have been to 2 different doctors and ended up in hospital twice with pneumonia within 2 months. It seems I have no immune system left. Each time my doctor prescribes an antibiotic. I feel as if I am going crazy. The pain just does not go away. My doctor recently prescribed Lentogesic and Tramacet, which helps to a degree. I cannot live on pain killers for the rest of my life. Its starting to affect my quality of life. The doctors are treating symptoms only - but I need to get this sorted so that it stops. What do you suggest????

Hallo Gail,
If possible, see if you can get an appointment with a rheumatologist as you may have something like fibromialgia. They also need to do some tests to check your white cell count as well as your clotting factors. Rheumatologists are physicians that superspecialized in rheumatology, so they would be able to do these tests too.

3
Posted by: B | 2010-11-11

Gail, I am not sure how old you are. But I experienced similar symptoms and eventually my hormone levels were checked and I had no oestrogen in my body (I am still young so menopause was not even considered) but since I have been om hrt, I am feeling so much better. The joint pain (especially wrists and ankles) was really bad, I got constant migraines and I was so very, very tired. Now I am back to normal. If I miss my patch, the joint pain is back.

Reply to B
Posted by: ??? | 2010-11-11

Get yourself tested for RA.-rhumatiod arthritis.

Reply to ???
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-11

Hallo Gail,