Question
Posted by: Angela | 2010-07-27

Constant Fatigue

Hi Doc, I''m a healthy 23 year old female (I rarely get sick, I do between an hour and an hour and a half of exercise of walking 5 days a week, I drink maybe 3 cups of tea/ coffee a day, water most of the time, I eat 2 banana''s and a naartjie a day, as well as other veggies with supper, I''m not over or under weight) but I am ALWAYS tired. I have a SLIGHT iron deficency but I get a lot of sleep and I have an office job so I''m not over exerting myself. I''ve had this problem for years and I want to go for blood tests to find out why. What should I ask the doctor to test for?

Hallo Angela
You can ask him to check your iron levels, thyroid levels, and blood sugar levels. I think you should maybe see a dietician to ensure that you get all the necessary nutrients in as you may be malnourished if all you eat is the fruit and veggies - you need protein as building blocks for your tissues and some carbs as energy source daily.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-28

Hallo Angela