Posted by: Marinda | 2011-06-16

Constant dizziness!

I''ve been dizzy on and off now for over 4 months. A dizzy spell feels like my brain is physically spinning around. Lasts for a few seconds. On meds, but have been for over a year, iron is a little low. I do struggle to hear over background noise. Could it be something to do with that?

I suggest that you consult an ENT specialist. Your dizzy spels are chronic of nature and should definately be investigated. The cause can range from chronic sinusitis with pressure and slight infection of the middle ear or inflammation of the inner ear with disruption of the function of the inner ear that controls balance etc. The specialist will also test for diabetes, hypertension, as well as anemia (low iron count with lowered haemoglobin count). I am certain that the specialist will be able to assist you with your chronic symptoms.