Posted by: Talita Pea -|- | 2011-12-14

Constant coughing - five year old boy.

Good day,
I have a five year old boy. He has this constant cough on him. Its worse in the mornings - so much so that he coughs up large amounts of yellow/lime green phlem.

I have had his adenoids, tonsils removed &  grommets inserted - last year 2010. He also has a permanent snif - like a runny nose (clear). I have to " fight"  with him all the time to blow his nose. He was given antibiotics and treated for allergies as well to see if that might have been the case - but to no avail.

I just wanted to bounce this thought off you.

Can you advise?

Kind regards.

It is possible that he has allergies that is not well controlled. I do suggest that you consult an ENT specialist for an examination and treatment.