Posted by: sara | 2012-11-28

constant bleeding - i don''t know what to do anymore

Last year I had my second mirena inserted. The gynaecologist who insisted i need a knew one did not do this correctly and i ended up with a ruptured ovarian cyst, constant bleeding and it had to be removed and it was not placed correctly. i had cancelled my medical aid as i left the country but had to come back for my health so i had to take the government route. the doctor kept harassing me and telling me we all make mistakes and i must not report her, she even phoned her friend at the government hospital and told them to push for the procedure asap. they then went and did a hystoroscopy intsead of a laparascopy because they didn''t have the equipment on that day, they did this despite me being twenty-seven and gave me two epidurals despite my back problem - i didn''t even sign for this procedure, they only told me in theatre. since this was done - april, i have not stopped bleeding. after the op i was told there was too much damage for another mirena and had to wait until august to have another one put in. the reason i had the mirena in the first place was because i constantly bled and no birth control pills helped me. i had no problems with my first mirena and didn''t even have periods. i am still not on a medical aid as my job is temporary and if i join one this will be a pre existing condition. i went and saw a private doctor and specialist who did internal scans and said everything looks fine. even with pills to stop blood loss, i am still bleeding. i really don''t know what to do anymore or what is wrong with me. i can''t cope like this and i don''t understand what is wrong.

any suggestions will be a huge help.

It sounds like a rather complicated problem. I don't know enough about the damage that was reported to make a proper assessment. If you can't have the Mirena at the moment, another option might be the Depo provera injection. This tends to stop periods in 80% of women.