Question
Posted by: Bee | 2009-03-20

Constant Bleeding

GynaeDoc

I hope u can be able to assist me. I have very irreguar periods - In my last period, which started on the 5th of March I menstruated for 9 days. The previous month I had menstruated for 13 days. 4 days later I started spotting and this lasted for 5 days. I finished my period on the 13th Of march and today, which is 6 days later I am spotting. Am not sure how long this spotting will last. Can u please let me know what causes this. Iam 24, married and am not using any contraceptives - used to use the injection but stopped in July last year.

There are many possible causes - hormone imbalance, cysts, problems with the uterus or cervix. You would need a full assessment to see what the cause is in your case.