Posted by: MJ | 2010-05-01

Constant and extream hunger with IBS

Hello Doc

I have this constant hunger and sometimes its so bad that my stomach pulls in with a sharp stabbing pain. I have to eat constantly and if I wait I get that sharp pain and nausea, it takes long to get fool. Mostly after each meal I have to go to the baph room and then I''m hungry again. I cant get through the night without having to get up to eat, the hunger pain is just to unbearable.
I get nauseous and cramps alot and drink ENOs almost everyday, its ruining my execise.
I have been to a Gastroenterologist, but he could not find anything wrong after over R3000 of tests. I use mebeverine but its useless. This is been going on for about +- 2 years now.

I need something to get rid of this hunger and so far I cant find a appetite suppressant that I can take. (I''m male :(

What can I do?

I strongly suggest that you get a second opinion from a general surgeon and to have another gastroscopy and barium meal done. The last examination you had is quite a while ago and new tests can shed some light on your problem.

A duodenal ulcer can explain your symptoms and I think that this condition will have to be excluded. Stool samples will also have to be taken to exclude a worm infestation.