Question
Posted by: tumbleweed | 2008/10/14

Consisitant pain

I have a consistant pain under my rib cage under my heart. While i was on a Antibiotic for another problem, the pain left my body. My antibiotic was completed on Monday evening and now {tuesday Evening] the pain is back. I feel the pain for 1-2hours and then it subsides only to return another few hours later.

Any idea what i should have investigated with my GP?

Dear Tumbleweed
Pain in the right upper abdomen can be due to lung infection or inflammation of the pleura, kidney related, bowel related or muscle or cartilage problem. Your GP should examine your stomach and lungs, test the urine, and decide whether an X/ray is indicated.