Posted by: Sanet | 2012-02-10

Considering a move to the UK

O, I forgot to mention that I suddenly have this urge to transfer to our offices in the UK. My health is holding me back. They have private health insurance, but pre-existing conditions are excluded. Do you know much about their healthcare system. I know Geodon is not available over there, I checked the NHS website. I worked there as a nurse in 2007/2008 and I don''t want to sit through their outpatient clinics. Do you think I''m just unstable at the moment and should not make decisions right now? It won''t happen overnight. And my manager basically begged me not to go. I would like to go to make enough money to pay off my debt, from shopping in hypomanic episodes. And save a little money for a rainy day. I''m almost 40 and have not disability cover due to the Bipolar, no insurance company will cover me. I also have no Retirement Annuities. I can''t afford them. I just have to make a plan with the dogs and storage of my furniture while I''m away. I will have to buy a car over there for work purposes. I could always go an check it out with my tax money due to pay out in July. And I can buy the ticket with my Voyager miles. Then I won''t rush into the decision. What is your opinion?

Always be cautious of sudden urges ! This is not at ll a time to make such huge decisions, nor to add the inevitable strains of such a move. Dont waste scarce resources on this idea -- use the tax refund to pay off your debts, wich will keep your options open. THis is sounding all the more like a hypomanic episode, due to the irresponsibiliy of others in forcing you tol change from an effective dose of an effective drug

Posted by: Obvious | 2012-02-11

Quote whenever l am not doing well l make travel plans.......What does that tell you??????

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Sanet | 2012-02-11

Yes, I also considered a hypomanic episode. But, then it is in the very early stages because my sleep is not really disturbed and I''m not irritable. I will only see the new Dr in 2 weeks time, so hopefully I will remain stable until then. Luckily a move to the UK will not happen overnight. Although, I want to run away. Whenever I''m not doing well I make travel plans....

Reply to Sanet
Posted by: Obvious | 2012-02-10

lt sounds as if you are in a manic phase, what does your doctor,shrink, therapist say?

Reply to Obvious