Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010/10/22

Consecutive AI

I would like to know is there a better chance to get pregnant with consecutvie AI or doesn''t it matter if you do one AI now, skip two months and then do another AI later? Does egg quallity improve with consecutive AI?

Dear Annie

To a large extent the success would depend on whether the AI is being done in a natural cycle/un-stimulated cycle or whether some form of tablets example Clomiphene citrate or injections are being used to stimulate ovulation. In the natural cycle situation consecutive AI’s would be recommended as the ovulation tends to alternate between the left and the right ovaries and occasionally a better quality egg is produced from one side more than the other. In stimulated cycles it would be best to allow a short interval, either one or two cycles before attempting a repeat.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/10/29

Dear Annie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert