Question
Posted by: Betty | 2009/10/22

conscious sedation

Hi, My daughter has had 2 bad experiences with conscious sedation, the 1st time she had 24 teeth pulled and felt every thing and can remember everything , it was horrible, then today she had a test ran and against her better judgment she had the conscious sedation again and the same thing happened ,so my question is does this just happen to some people or could it be caused by some medications like zanex etc. She really is afraid to do this again. Thank You!

Hallo Betty
Conscious sedation is not always effective for all people, maybe she should rather request full anaesthesia next time. Conscious sedation is not the same as anaesthesia - it only sedates you and although the kind of medication used may cause amnesia it does not always happen.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/26

Hallo Betty

Reply to cyberdoc