Question
Posted by: Lucy1 | 2010/05/27

CONJUNCTIVITIS

I have been struggling with an eye infection for almost two weeks. When it first started I visited a pharmacy and they gave me allergy drops. The symptoms got worse and I paid a visit to my doctor on Saturday. He diagnosed me with conjunctivitis and gave me Covomycin-D drops (antibotic steriod). I have been using it for 5 days now and while some of the symptoms are better, my eyes are still very sensitive to light and blurry. I have my contact lenses in otday and it is as if my lenses are not working - I can hardly see.

Should I wait another day or two, should I go back to my docter?

Hallo Lucy1
Please don't wear your contact lenses during an infection - it will cause swelling of the corneas and can cause damage. Ask an optometrist to also check your eyeball pressure to exclude glaucoma. If this is abnormal you need to see an eye specialist. If it is normal, go back to your GP as a normal conjunctivitis usually clears up within 72 hours. He needs to check for corneal ulcers and/or other complications

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/27

Hallo Lucy1