Question
Posted by: Pumi | 2008/06/30

Confusing cycles and flow

Last year Dec I had a mc and I D&C.My problem is I used to be cd28 and I know that it changes,I also used to have swollen breasts like a week before my periods arrive but then I got preg.After the mc I only had my periods back in Feb this year and since then my cycle has been 31 in March,30 in April,29 in May and 27 in June.The flow is very,very light and my 1st day will be a brown discharge and light flow for 5days.This has only started after my mc.

Can you please explain to me what could be causing as I am really getting confused and I dont even get sore breasts anymore.Is the something wrong with me?

Your reply is highly appreciated.
Pumi

Your cycle is normal. It may be that the scraping of the D&C has resulted in less womb lining, hence the lighter bleeding. See what happens over the next few months.

1
Posted by: BR | 2008/06/30

Hi Pumi
I've also had a mc, last year Nov. At first my cycles was also confusing. I decided to go on Triphasil for a few moths, and also started charting my cycles. I've made myself a chart, and I mark the day I start until the day it ends. This helped me in determining that my cycles are normal 28 day cycle. According to the dates you gave, you a 29 day cycle as from March. I've entered it on my chart, and this is how I determined it. My menstruation is also different from before the mc, but all seem to start normalising again, I'm going to stop using the pill at the end of July, so then we'll see what happens.
BR

Reply to BR