Question
Posted by: Toohey | 2011-10-04

Confused by hubby

I am not sure if I am a weak woman or what, hubby and i agreed that both of us will not have friends of opposite sex, and it started with me when I had male friends, he didn''t like it and I stopped. After a year, we met this woman at the clinic who is our counseller for hiv, we liked her and hubby now made friendship with her and I told him I don''t like it, it must end. The lady now calls him and I called her to tel her she is causing problems for us, she said she will stop it, now today he calls me and is angry saying the nurse is like a sister to him, what my problem I am being childish if I want to be angry its my problem and I must accept her, since she has been our support system. am I wrong or what.

If the counsellor is any sort of professional ( even if not professionally qualified, she is working as at least a junior professional ) it is improper conduct for her to form friendships with any of the persons she counsels or to call them at home - she should be reported to whoever supervises her at the clinic. She's there to be a counsellor, strictly in regard to the HIV counselling, and not to be anybody's sister. Taking sides or causing conflict within a couple she is supposed to be counselling so as to benefit them both, is highly irresponsible behaviour on her side

5
Posted by: Advisor | 2011-10-04

Ask the Health Proffesional Council Of SA to assist, they are in the tel book.

Reply to Advisor
Posted by: Toohey | 2011-10-04

We have been fighting about her for a while now, and honestly I am tired about it, so I am going take action by reporting her and as him, I also blame him as he allows it and I told him I am getting tired of this behaviour.

Reply to Toohey
Posted by: Romany | 2011-10-04

Put your foot down now. This woman is not professional and your husband is enjoying the attention.
In fact request a male nurse.
If she carries on phoning him, report her.
Eish some females........ Don''t know why they cannot leave married men alone.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Anne | 2011-10-04

Give him an ultimatum. Either the friendship stops, or you will report her. Further, request a different counsellor

Reply to Anne