Question
Posted by: Amber | 2012-08-17

Confused - Bipolar and ADHD

Hi there,

My question is can an adult have ultra rapid cycling bipolar and ADHD coexisting? Sorry it''s really bothering me and it''s still a while before I see my doc to ask him.

Thank you!

There's no law against it. But I haven't seen the combination, and as adult ADHD isnt very common, and ultra rapid cycling bipolar disorder is rare, the combination must at least be even rarer than either on their own. If you havent discussed this yet with your doc, I['m gathering that this is more in the nature of a theory, a possibility you have thought about, and are now worrying yourself about, maybe unhelpfully. Save the idea till you can discus it at length with your doc, and see what he thinks, and explore that, if he thinks this might be the case, are the implications for treatment and outlook

1