Posted by: Confused | 2009-03-25

Confused about weight loss

I have started on a diet Monday 16 March.

My start weight was 131kg, i weigh myself every mornig, and this is what i weigh

Why im my weight jumpin so much around, and why would i weigh .4 more today then yesterday???
This is realy getting me down. When i weigh more the one day than they day before, i havent ate any thing wrong

I am using Reductil.

What I eat.
Breakfast: one fruit and yogurt, or weetbix with boiling water.

Lunch: salad, or one egg with provita, fruit, ww bread with tamato and like it lean cold meat.

Dinner: 200g fish, chicken, steak with veggies, no carbs,and i eat before 7, i do not eat enything after 7.

Last night the 200g chicken i had,was to much and i could only eat about 2/3.

Im drinking 1.5-2L water a day.I only drink water, no coffee, tea, or juice

I cant exercise at the moment, due to a c-s on 10 March( dont have the baby), but will be able to in about 4-6 weeks, but until then i realy need to lose some weight.

I Struggeld long, because i had no motivation, and now that i finaly have motivation, i dont want to be disapointed.

Im 23 and my height is 1.78, im tall, but very FAT and realy want to do something about it.

Hope you can help.

Dear Confused
I am sorry to hear that you lost your baby - this is always very traumatic. If you are on a slimming diet one of the most discouraging things you can do is to weigh yourself every day! Body weight can fluctuate by up to 3 kg in either direction in a single day between morning and evening, due to water retention, exercise, stress, etc. So to maintain your enthusiasm it is important to only weigh yourself once a week at more or less the same time. Try weighing yourself on a specific day (e.g. Monday) at a specific time (e.g. in the morning after rising and emptying the bladder). Resist the temptation to weigh yourself every day as this will only discourage you. You have lost 5 kg in the period you mention which is excellent, so stop stressing about the daily changes. It is also a good idea to take your body measurements (bust, waist, hips, thighs, upper arms, etc) once a week and keep a record of how you lose cm because you will sometimes lose cm (indicating a loss of body fat) even if you don't lose kgs. I am personally not in favour of these high protein diets (the 200g of chicken you had last night contained between 1300 kJ (white meat without skin, boiled) and 1950 kJ (dark meat with skin, boiled), which would represent between 21% and 31% of your daily energy intake if you are slimming, which is rather high. Your diet is also deficient in dietary fibre and calcium (replace some of the meat with fat-free cottage cheese or yoghurt to boost your calcium intake) and make quite sure that you eat vegetables at each main meal.
Hope you lose steadily